Disability Information & Advice
Disability Connect has a DIAS (Disability Information Advisory Service) sub-contract to the Ministry of Health. Our aim is to provide the Auckland community (North to Warkworth and South to Pukekohe) with disability information. We do this in several ways:
- We are a contact for parents/professionals ringing or emailing us for information/advice
- We host and present a variety of seminars in the community (usually in several different locations throughout Auckland)
- We host the annual Transition Expo in association with Ministry of Social Development – the Transition Expo explores the progression from school to community life for a young person with a disability
- We produce print publications including Networker magazine, Early Years Chart and Moving On booklet
- We send our membership a fortnightly E bulletin containing news and events for the disability community
- We operate an interactive website including information polls, surveys and blogs.