Transition Seminars (from School to Community Life)
Post schooling options and process for students with a disability
Disability Connect offers a free seminar for students with a disability and/or their parents. Topics covered in this informal seminar are:
- Ministry of Education Transition Guidelines
- The process of ORS funding post school:
- What happens to this funding post school?
- What types of vocational or day programmes are available?
- Options for non-ORS funded students
- Travel costs to Vocational Programmes
- Possible Work & Income supports for families
- Broad overview of Ministry of Health Disability Support Services
- Needs Assessment & Service Coordination during Transition stage
- Brief discussion re proposed MOH New Model and Individualised Funding
- What is Welfare Guardianship and what is it used for?
- Question and Answer time
2018 seminar for first half of year, please click here for this seminar.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.