INDIVIDUALISED FUNDING (IF) INCLUDING RESPITE SEMINARS
A presentation by Murray Penman, Ministry of Health and/or Lisa Martin, Disability Connect
Hosted by Disability Connect.
Click here to view/print a PDF of this flier
Wednesday 26th August 7-9pm
Yes Disability Resource Centre, 3 William Laurie Place, Albany
Wednesday 2nd September 7-9pm
Rosehill Special School, 48 Rosehill Drive, Papakura
Wednesday 16th September 12.30-2pm
Independent Living Service, 14 Erson Ave, Royal Oak
RSVP is essential: Phone (09) 636-0351 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Should Attend:
The Ministry of Health Disability Support Services now include access to Respite (including Carer Support) under Individualised Funding, for eligible families. This creates new, flexible ways of taking a break. This seminar will explore all aspects of Individualised Funding including Respite.
If you are a disabled person, parent or guardian of a disabled person, you might want more choice about how services will be delivered, when they will be delivered and who will provide your government funded support. Individualised funding helps you;
- Employ the support staff you want in your life – people who understand your culture, priorities, preferences and lifestyle choices.
- Set your own timetable so support staff come and go as you want, so you can build stronger relationships and enjoy a better social life.
- Source flexible Respite care that best benefits your family (short stay, overnight stay, in-home, in-facility, etc).
- Identify new sources of support.
- Take charge of who enters your life and reclaim your priorities.