Transition from School to Community Life
TRANSITION SEMINARS 2014
Post schooling options and process for students with a disability
Disability Connect offers this free seminar for students with a disability and/or their parents. Topics covered in this informal seminar are:
- Ministry of Education Transition Guidelines
- The process of ORS funding post school :
- What happens to this funding post school?
- What types of vocational or day programmes are available?
- Options for non-ORS funded students
- Travel costs to Vocational Programmes
- Possible Work & Income supports for families
- Broad overview of Ministry of Health Disability Support Services
- Needs Assessment & Service Coordination during Transition stage
- Brief discussion re proposed MOH New Model and Individualised Funding (including Respite)
- What is Welfare Guardianship and what is it used for?
- Question and Answer time
An information pack including copy of the presentation will be given to each attendee. Tea, coffee and biscuits available at start of each seminar. To book on this seminar please contact Lisa on 636-0351, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Virginia email@example.com