There are lots of ways we can help individuals with a disability, or family members of a disabled person, to navigate the New Zealand disability sector. Check out our seminars, community conversations and additional services to the right. Information on events, resources and useful links to activities below.
Seminars & Support Groups
Information & Resources
- Recent Notices in the Community including support, courses and ongoing events
- Community Housing Collective
- Collaboration Meetings 2023 – East, Central, South, West, North Auckland – getting the best outcomes for your young adults
- Disability Sector Information, Research and Surveys
- Employment Opportunities and Positions
- Newsletters from other Organisations
- Artwork displayed in our office by Disabled Youth from Art for All Auckland
These links are provided as a free resource, although Disability Connect cannot be responsible for the quality or availability of outside content. Please contact the centre to list a favourite site you think others would like, or to report any problems with these links.
View recorded workshops, forums and seminars here.
- Managing Support Staff – Thursday 27 July 2023
- Click here to view the Discussion Panel held on the 9th March 2022
- Meeting with Minister Sepuloni and Minister Twyford- Support and Housing for our Disabled Adults
- ‘The Present and Future Disability Sector (and some of the Past too)’ Forum
- ‘What happens when we are no longer here’ Forum
View translated video resources designed to help parents navigate the disability sector. These links will take you to the first video in the series of 7 videos.
View videos produced by Marg Slater and Attitude TV